Terrenus Titulus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(temporary title)

HomeSanctus MalusLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interested in starting up a PnP roleplaying group...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kizz
noob

Interested in starting up a PnP roleplaying group... Empty
PostSubject: Interested in starting up a PnP roleplaying group...   Interested in starting up a PnP roleplaying group... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 5:08 pm

I was thinking the best way to test out ideas for computer based rpg would be to start by testing some ideas with good ol fashioned pen and paper.

If you guys are interested I'll set things up and get some other people I know involved also.

Maybe we could meet up once a week or 2 and have a good session.

Mark~
Back to top Go down
Dauntius
Adept
Adept
Dauntius

PostSubject: Re: Interested in starting up a PnP roleplaying group...   Interested in starting up a PnP roleplaying group... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 7:16 am

it is possible for these forums to have a little text RPG. i'm still messing around with it, i'll let you know if i figure it out and give you access to it.
Back to top Go down
Peerless
noob

PostSubject: Re: Interested in starting up a PnP roleplaying group...   Interested in starting up a PnP roleplaying group... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:30 am

This is not a bad idea. I tried something like this before. The issue that came up was that some players didn't understand it was a work in progress game even when told so. But if you find player types that understand how beta testing works, the pnp idea could work great for you to test mechanics.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Mage
Admin
Admin
Dark_Mage

PostSubject: Re: Interested in starting up a PnP roleplaying group...   Interested in starting up a PnP roleplaying group... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 1:03 pm

I hardly think its neccesary. All you have to do to test it is create a situation and do calculations. You don't need more than one person to do that.
Back to top Go down
Peerless
noob

PostSubject: Re: Interested in starting up a PnP roleplaying group...   Interested in starting up a PnP roleplaying group... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 5:48 am

there are thousands of situations that you can account for. its the ones you don't that will come back to haunt you Wink But thats what beta testing is for.
Back to top Go down
Kizz
noob

PostSubject: Re: Interested in starting up a PnP roleplaying group...   Interested in starting up a PnP roleplaying group... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 6:51 pm

i think bouncing ideas and system inner workings off other ppl is an invaluable tool...

it would be really hard to test out class synergies and all the finer details without a group of testers.

also by the time you do all the programming and then figure out something doesn't work how you planned
its back to square 1 with a lot of wasted efforts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interested in starting up a PnP roleplaying group...   Interested in starting up a PnP roleplaying group... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interested in starting up a PnP roleplaying group...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Terrenus Titulus :: Sanctus, Malus :: Welcome-
Jump to: